Thursday, August 26, 2010

'cause the truth you might be running from is so small

I'm awake. Insomnia, I guess. Nerves more likley. My port surgery is in about eight hours and I really didn't think I was all that worried about it. And maybe I'm not, but it is just one more factor on an already mounting pile of issues that are causing me anxiety.

My husband has been laid off of work for a month - he was supposed to go back tomorrow, but now they tell himn Sept. 10. I have a house that I rent that I was trying to sell while the tenants stayed on for the duration of their lease and then month-to-month. But they decided to leave so I needed to find a new renter ASAP, because even when he is working, our income would be hard pressed to afford two mortgages. I did find a renter and my fingers are crossed she is a good choice. I hope I hope.

Anyway, then we have this mountain of medical bills that never seems to end. My kids both start at new schools this fall, my husband and I are working uber hard at our marriage and so here I am awake. I normally would pop an ambien and have a cocktail but I can't eat or drink anything and don't think an ambien is a good idea before sedation - though I really don't know if that would matter. I did eat one triscuit and a pepperocini. cheater. and I won't tell that I did - it's hard being this rebellious.

EDIT

I am finishing this post now because my computer went haywire last night and I did finally fall asleep about 4. I head to the surgery center at 10. SO I leave you with one last picture of my virgin chest.




boob shot. ha ha ha. I'm delerious with fatigue! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

CL said...

It has been rough for a lot of folks. Hope you do well. :-)

Jessica said...

Good luck...or at this point, I hope all went well today. Thinking of you and hoping things get easier - on any and/or all fronts. <3