Wednesday, January 20, 2010

bring it to me, bring your sweet lovin,' bring it on home to me

I was de-picced yesterday morning. This was the easiet (of the three) round of IVs I have had yet, and I was actually a little hesitant to have it pulled. But yet, that little undying denial bird just wouldn't let me request four more days. I do feel better, that isn't the issue. But the thought of getting sick again soon, of needing IVs in the near future (which would mean thinking about a port because I am NOT into the PICC-line deal) I mean, that was almost - almost - enough for me to say, hey! let's do another four days just for the fun of it! anyway, PICC is gone, shower taken, feeling better.

In fact, I am feeling enough better that I treadmilled Monday and today and actually ran at a decent clip (as much as I could, which isn't much at all) and there was no coughing (and thus no pants-peeing). so sweet. My energy level was almost back to normal.

Here was today:
7 - up, kids up, lunched packed
8 - vest, nebs, treadmill
10 - bagel with daughter
post office, fabric store
12 - lunch and playing and computer
1 - finished 1 out of 3 Roman blinds I am working on for the kitchen
2-5 sewed up a cute little skirt with some fabric I have had for a few months. Turned out great!
5 - cooked dinner, ate
6 - bathed kids, did homework with kids, cleaned kitchen
7 - vest nebs
8 - kids to bed
9 - me time, computer, movie? rum

so...not that anyone needed the run down, but I feel quite productive.

I was going to write about transplant, as that has been muddling through my head a lot lately, but I think that that will take this post in a direction I am no longer in the mood to entertain.

Just joined Netflix. Found a movie on there that I have had on my Amazon wish list for like 7 years. I thought it would never come to the U.S. That's right - FORIEGN FILMS. I love them. The first question my husband asks me when I ask him to watch a movie is, "Does it have subtitles?" But secretly, I think he likes them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You did have a productive day!!! One of these days I will get back to treadmilling I swear!!!!!

Glad you have been de-PICC'd honey!!!!

CowTown said...

Love netflix. You know just having an account with them gives you a whole que for their instant movies too. You can watch any of their instant (cyber-streaming) movies on your laptop - any time! It's awesome.

My hub hates subtitles too. Never never never, but I don't mind them if it's a good movie! Geesh.