Thursday, February 4, 2010

I think I can I think I can

La clinica. Things is good. FEV1 71%, FVC 90 (wow), 25/75 33%. Looks like this l'il engine is back in business.

Synergy tests and MAC results were not back yet. My guess is a no on the MAC (I hope) since PFTs bounced back pretty easily post abx. I hope so. I am in no hurry to be on long term abx. Cepacia was a no. I figured it was, but it was nice to hear anyway. I hope the synergy results show some good options though, since the working antibiotic list seems to diminish with each culture.

AND, I ran for 10 minutes straight this morning. I've been treadmilling every other day for three weeks routinely now. I had this revelation about running. Fear. I was afraid of it for some reason. I'm not sure i can explain the reason but only that I recognized it. I pushed past it. I'll be running a mile in no time - something I have never really been able to do.

I remember in my first yoga class years ago, one of the girls talked about fear. and I was like "Fear? In yoga? whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" but that comment always stuck with me, and I feel like I get it now. So at that moment where I want nothing more than to STOP RUNNING, I keep going. And amazingly, I live through it and get a second wind of sorts. It's pretty cool. This is one of the things I have felt the proudest of, for many reasons: because I hate running though I have tried to do it sooo many times over the years, because it is hard to keep doing something you don't like to do just because it is good for you, because I am seeing the results. I have had the idea of a triathalon in the back of my head for years now and suddenly I can actually imagine accomplishing such a thing.

So a few posts back I started using some writing prompts from a magazine I read called The Sun. I don't think I had an overwhelming response of participants (or any)joinging me in the prompt writing department. That's OK. But, offer is open again if you want to join in. This month's topic is "slowing down." Seems like a no brainer for a CFer, but you can take it where ever it may lead. I'll get around to writing on it in the next day or so.

Peace out, homies.

3 comments:

CowTown said...

Sweet on your PFTs, Miss Lil Engine! I'm thinking no MAC too. (high-5)

lolo said...

love you shanny poo......this commenting can be like a test.....to see how it feels

Kim said...

Yay for better PFTs! Congratulations, whew. Doncha always feel like you've dodged a bullet when the come up post abx? I'm happy for you. Keep up the good work with the 'milling. <3 Kim