Saturday, October 4, 2008

standing in the shower thinking

I've tried to avoid it, but this keep s popping up on blogs I read. So, I'll play along. Here are 6 quirky facts about me:

1) I am a pack rat. I keep all sorts of odd things for art projects that never seem to get done: a wood table top, He-Man sheets (these will get used!), old wine glasses, etc. This drives my husband insane. He throws ev erythig away (even perfectly good things that could be used for a future art project!)

2) My dad used to lie about my age all the time to get me into stuff for free since I was so tiny and always looked youger than I was, well at least until I turned about 29. Now I apparently look like an old hag and no one ever doubts my age. Anyway, the last time he did it I was 20 and we were in France going to the Louvre. My step sister was also 20 and my brothers were 16. My dad was trying to say we were all under 16 to get us in for free. The woman at the gate would not let my step-sister and (little) brother in as under 16 but I waltzed right through. She and my dad ended up arguing - her in French and he in English which I, the lone French speaker in our group, had to mitigate. We all got in for free.

3) I won the presidential physical fitness award several times through my school years. Me, the little Cf girl! :)

4) I gave birth to my daughter 13 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. I would have stayed home and had her in the shower if it were up to me, but my husband literally dragged me to the car. Want a natural birth? Don't go to the hospital and if you do, wait until the last possible minute! :)

5) My friend Laura and I wrote a 100+ [age novel in the 5th grade called "Wake Me if I'm Dreaming" I still have it.

6)I had a boyfriend in collge who idolized Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction. There is a little cult flick Perry made called "Gift" and in it, he wears a dress adn these long crpcheted gloves. My boyfriend used to wear one of my old spandex dresses over his army pants and long home-made crocheted gloves. Boys wearing dresses in Middle America doesn't go over all that well with the masses. But it was fun.

If you've read this, you're tagged. 6 quirky things. go.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL love it!!!!!!!!!!

You can't avoid us forever hahahahahahahaha!!!!

<3