Monday, December 15, 2008

don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy

I got sidetracked by The Eagles. Cf banter to resume later.

I was listening to "Desperado" because I have dubbed that my son's song and I was lost in thinking about his growing up, what our lives have been like together. It's kinda like he and I just bumped into one another and we're making a go at it. Fiercly in love but at each other's throats. And just when i felt like crying thinking about my boy, the song was over and it was "one of these nights" and I could smell the rum and smoke, and hear the distant jukebox, dancing on bars and hiding in bathrooms and feeling sexy, like I owned the place. Which is "Victim of love"..." a room full of noise and dangerous boys still makes you thirsty and hot..." as it played I thought of past lovers - many bad decisions - but what a hot breathless time of life that was. My friend EE always said "Life in the Fast Lane" was my song when i was with STG, my first love. We were 18 and so in engrossed in one another and living so hard. Sometimes I can't ever believe the life I have now is related to the one I lived a million lifetimes ago.

I am not a huge Eagles fan, it was just the right moment to hear some old songs and get lost in another time.

off topic: artsy shit. Made for my friend's son's 3rd birthday. An idea I hsamelessly stole off the internet

1 comment:

whatsherface said...

I like this blog - it's like a snapshot of a former you, a peek into who you once were. I often think similar things myself - who I was then is so far from who I am now, it's almost as if we were two completely different people. And even now, there is more than one me living within my soul. Sometimes I have to wonder (as you probably do, too), how the hell did I wind up here? (And I don't mean that in a bad way.)