Monday, December 1, 2008

there's nothing as pure as the kindness of an athiest

It is the butt crack of dawn, but I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get the Vest out of the way.

I'm not sure I have much Cf related to tell. I found an old PFT print out that I shared with ym husband. I think he got it. I explained to him about how CF works to efficiently destroy the lungs and showed him my FVC and FEV1 and my 25-75 (75-25?). I explained that while I might see my PFT score jump a bit since swimming, that most likely I've lost about 30% of my lung capacity due to fibrosis...I think he understood that - that almost 1/3 of my lungs aren't working properly and never will again. And I showed him my small airways 33% and how I haven't seen an increase in that in years and so chances are that will only go down too. I think the numbers got to him. The understanding that I'd like to hold on dearly to that 70% of lung function that I've got. That onve it's gonre, it's probably gone for good. Now he understands that when I was at 54% last fall, that was a scary place to be. He seems willing to learn, willing to try to understand.

In other news, I'm being very "green" this C-mas (oh, how i hate those gimmicky catch phrases) making people tote bags and crocheted pouches and I think I might put an energy efficient light bulb in the bags and maybe a homemade chapstick.

So, as I craft, as much for myself as anything I want to take some pics of what I've made - part show offy and part recorder.



The HE-Man bag is for my little brother (he is 27, not that little) made out of a sheet I scored at Goodwill. I don't know who is getting the other bag. The owl purse I made for myself cuz you can't craft withouth making yourself a little sumthin' - the puches...well, I just learned to crochet and they are a little wonky, so I am not sure yet what I will do with them.

I am making this for the baby:




and bangs! The last time i had bangs my husband called me Linda Hamilton for a few months. I hope they look better this time.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad hubby is getting it!!!!

those bags are awesome!!! I always wanted to learn to knit and crochet but never did!

<3

Lisa said...

So cool that you are crafting! I made ornaments out of old sweaters this weekend :)

I am glad that your husband was receptive to the CF discussion. I know that for me I have only recently (like in the last 3 years) learned about what those numbers mean, etc., and they really hit home. For some reason people seem to be able to "get" number when it comes to health. Anyway, I hope that this is the start of more good discussions about CF, etc.

Anonymous said...

That's good that he's understanding it a little better.
I remember when i was with my husband he wouldnt even talk about CF.
Anywhooo.
Was thinking about you, - meg

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your talk went well with hubby! It's great that he's willing to keep learning.

I love seeing the bags you make. Thanks for posting.

Cowtown

Anonymous said...

Bags? It's about the bangs. But we shall call you Reese this time around.

However, you should read this before going out the door.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/06/27/104-girls-with-bangs/