Monday, April 13, 2009

I am a vampire I am a vampire I have lost my fangs


This post probably won't go anywhere as I don't have a whole lot of interest to actually say.

My sinus are (sort of) getting better, but what I think it boils down to is that I need an antibiotic. My doc hasn't agreed with me yet, but I am working on him. I could bypass him and get one from my stepmom instead, but I like him so I want to work with him and not alienate his judgement. But, I go back thursday and I'm pretty sure I am gonna at leasttalk him into some cipro. The pain is just a plain old sinus headache now though, not the horrid pain I was feeling before, so I guess that's good.

I'm embarrassed to say I've been busy reading lately and not hanging out online so much. Reading you say, why, what a great past time (pass time?)! but the thing is, I have been reading the Twilight series (ducks head in embarrassment). I think what I need in my life is simply a teenaged vampire to spice things right up. Sigh. Maybe I just need to be 17 again, first love...

nah.

I have not swam in over a month now. I think I will go back to it tomorrow, but my motivation is nil. I ran a mile (don't be fooled, I ran/walked) last week, but that was my first exercize foray since surgery. I HAVE to get back into the swing of things, I was doing so well with my regime. I didn't lose a pound, but I felt good. I've been trying to count calories and stuff to drop a few (my grandma even commented on me gaining weight. bah), but being a CFer I have NEVER watched what I ate and so it is really hard to be disciplined about NOT eating. I even bought some hoodia. (that's embarrassing to admit too!)

I'm ready for summer.

5 comments:

whatsherface said...

I know what you mean about never having had to count calories before; it gives me a whole new appreciation for the rest of the women in this country who seem to be in a perpetual cycle of "I just need to lose 5 pounds!"

And, at the risk of sounding completely lame, what is hoodia?

Anonymous said...

Great that you're motivated enough just to think about becoming motivated. Your whole experience with this surgery would put me in front of Merry Melodies for six months.

Anonymous said...

you aren't the only one to be embarrassed - i'm on the 2nd book of the twilight series, new moon. lol i'm forcing myself, because everyone LOVES it. it's very basic writing and i expected more.

christine

Anonymous said...

What's hoodia? :)

Getting back on the bandwagon is sooo hard. Hate it. At least you're motivated to get motivated. Lol I've been there many of time! Lol

Cowtown

Anonymous said...

...many a time.

CT