Friday, July 24, 2009

Om shanti shanti shanti Om

The mailman delivered my mail to my neighbors' house. It was a letter from the local CF council. My neighbor returned it and said, "That's what you have, right?" I've lived here for 7 years and it is the first time that Cf has ever come up. When I was on IVs last year they called to ask what was going on, but I just said I had a bad infection. I didn't feel like going into details. I was sort of embarrassed by the mail thing. Partly because it just seemed like it was a secret, which seems dumb.


I went to yoga on Thursday, the first time I have been oback since 2006! I practiced Kripalu Yoga for five years religiously at a beautiful private studio. It was fabulous, so I am very yoga spoiled, but once I had baby #2 and stopped working it was just too hard and too expensive to keep going. I have been a yoga snob about going to yoga at the Y though, after having had such a great experience with my instructor at Tree of lIfe - despite the fact that yoga at the Y is free with your memebership. Anyway, finally my friend convinced me to go. Once I got over trying to compare the two in my mind and just gave into the practice, it was great. I am very sore. What I was capable of doing yogically 5 years ago is NOT what I can do now - though I tried a few times and gave my self a friggin charlie horse. Silly. I will go back though. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

I'm about to get sick. The guy on the elliptical next to me is constantly coughing up phlem! Its been 30 minutes and I can't take it much longer!

The above was posted by one of my friends as their status update on FB. Oy. She doesn't know I have CF, I don't think and probably the guy was a 100 year old smoker, but I still felt like posting back a snarky comment. I didn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you don't mind, i'm using your blog as a jukebox now.

i hear you on both secrets/neighbors and gym phlegm. what can you do. -James 33 w/cf.

environmental fiend said...

I'm glad you went back to yoga finally! I know you've been thinking about it for a while. I go to the Y too and there are some really great teachers there (they are not all great, of course, but you will learn which ones you like.)

As for the FB post - is someone really your "friend" if they are FB'ing (twittering?) while on the elliptical? :) Just kidding, sorta.

Congrats on being yoga sore!!