Thursday, January 15, 2009

living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

My Vest died by urine and not having it for two days (got a new one today) + changing up my routine to include some sprinting = lots of coughing in the locker room post work out and shower.

One of the owmen in there came up and asked me if I had asthma.

Yes was on the tip of my tongue, hanging there, trying to escape, but I swallowed it and said, "Are you familiar with Cystic Fibrosis?"

Oy. It was not that bad. She was surprized, as usual, but then she talked about educating people and dying, but not that usualy annoying way. I thought it was kind of cool she spoke rather freely about dying and I was not offended. Makes me wonder if all the people prior who I've deemed as annoying and crass in their remarks maybe weren't so bad? Perhaps it was the reciever that had a malfunction?

I don't know, but these coming out moments seem to get a bit better as I go.

No school tomorrow means a four day weekend here. Negative a gazillion temps outside means a bit of stir crazy within.

Girls night tomorrow, weather can't keep me down. I am trying to get some fingerless gloves cricheted beofre I go but I am giving my fingers rope burns from my rabid weavings.

We got stuck int he snow today and a man in a white jeep stopped and helped push us out. I love heroes, there are so few anymore.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey, I've tagged you to that photo tag game thats going around these days! Just check out www.sixty-fiv-roses.blogspot.com for the rules and stuff if you do the game :D Xx