Friday, January 30, 2009

there's a silver lining shining above me

I'm sick. Again. This one is a doozy. My doc put me on solu-medrol and levaquin (again) but as I was reading the patient info, the levaquin said risk of tendon rupture is greater if on steroids. Great. I have not been able to swim all week, 1) because the baby has been sick too and I could not take her to the daycare there in good faith and 2) because on Wednesday night my airways about closed down and I spent the night wheezing and coughing (trying to cough anyway, it was the darndest thing. I would cough like the dickens but nothing would come up) and not sleeping. But I don't think I should swim while on the solu medrol because I already feel like levaquin and cipro do a number on my already arthritic feeling joints. Not swimming kind of sucks though. I mean, I hate doing it until I am done with it but then I feel so good that I did it. But I certainly don't need any tendon blow outs. Boo.

Looks like I also might try taking zithro 3x a week for a while and see how that works out. I wanted to take it with the levaquin but apprently there is some risk of heart problems if you mix the two??? I swear I know people who take zithro and cirpo, so who knows.

I have not had the steroid really kick on yet. I hvae only used solumedrol once before and I was a bit manic on the beginning. I am hoping to harness some of the energy to work on some sewing projects I have been procrastinating on.

I am really hoping my period will show up in the next few days too, just to ensure that this goes down as the greatest week of my life.

6 comments:

Princess Talana said...

Been taking Zithro 3x a week for years now and never had a issue raise about taking it with Cipro which happens 2-6 times a year I'd say. Heart is still working!

Piper said...

i have been on zithro for a long time as well, and have been on both cipro and levaquin several times while taking it. no issues so far. also, i have been prescribed this overlap by more than one doctor (since i've moved a lot) so i would be surprised if they were all taking unnecessary risks.

feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

how is the swimming? did you start weight watchers? i've been working out a lot, but i have some issues still. :/

Amy said...

I take Cipro and Zithro all winter long together...well the opposite months of TOBI that is. I have never had any issues from it!!!!

Hope whatever you have gets cleared up soon!!!!

<3

Amy said...

Oh and I take Zithro 7 days a week, just smaller doses :)

whatsherface said...

Zithro, cipro, levaquin - same for me as the other mutants have said: never been an issue.

I've also been experiencing a lot of tightness and sob, but when I cough (even when neb/vesting) I'm hardly productive at all. I'm wondering if I should start some prednisone. Let me know how the solu works.

Happy Sewing!! :D