Friday, March 6, 2009

Life right now is a bit of a medical cluster fuck.

I lost my secondary insurance because my husband made too much money last year. This means that the Colisitn I was just prescribed is going to cost us $400 a month -which clearly means that I am not oging to be using it anymore.

The ENT wants to do balloon sinuplasty on my head. and fix my septum. His cost alone is $13,000 - from that, I gather, the whole deal will cost us $2000 before insurance kicks in. That might not be that big of a deal off hand, but I have got to get a job and until I do we really are living pay check to paycheck with not another $50-$100 a month to be paying off a $2000 medical bill.

So, it all sucks.

And my family is all pressuring me, "you HAVE to do this surgery..." and it's like, no, I don't. I probably should, but I don't HAVE to do a goddamn thing.

So it looks like I'm back to teaching this fall, if I can get a job, so that I can get insurance. The school corp here has GREAT insurance, and if we have both then we'll be fine. But that is still 6 months from now...so I dunno. Plus, really, I was hoping ot be able to use this master's degree of mine to teach as an adjunct somewhere - but that won't give me insurance, so for now that is all on hold and it's back to the little snotheads.

I am pretty open about financial stuff, I mean, it's just money, and I see no real reason to hide when I have it or when I don't, though I know I have been making my family uncomfortable talking about not having any right now. The thing is, I think that money always seems to come and go in cycles, so while it' s slim pickings right now, it will come around again.

So right now I am pretty pissy with the whole effing thing, dealing with insurance and money and blady blady blah.


so, as I always say:
moneyisnotrealmoneyisnotrealmoneyisnotrealmoneyisnotrealmoneyisnotrealmoneyisnotrealmoneyisnotreal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Money might not be real, but clusterfucks are. (You know how I feel about that term.)

Lisa said...

That does suck! Sorry Shannon.

Anonymous said...

Big :( !


cowtown

Urology Surgery India said...

Great blog all the best