Wednesday, March 18, 2009

used to know a girl, had two pierced nipples and a black tattoo

* My splint is out. Lisa, you must be one tough bird, because removing the splint hurt like hell. Even with a numbed nose. Ugh. The worst was when he used some sucker machine to get all the gunk out, felt like my brain was getting abortioned.

* But that ain't all, folks. I have to go back in a week to get these steroid implants in my ethmoid (I think) sinuses removed AND some sort of plastic wrap is on my septum and that comes out too. He says it won't hurt as much as the splint. But I dunno. They nicely forgot to mention that septum replacement is one painful mother fucker.

* I can blow my nose now!

* which means I get great joy at blowing out lumpy green bloody clumps of junk. I keep wanting to show people, like i am just so proud of myself that chunks are coming out now!

* on top of all this, my baby had some kind of diaresha (that's what we call it because in 5th grade there was a girl in my class named Dialesha and so ever since I told my nine year old that, diarreah has become diaresha) puke virus. I was so worried I would get it and have to puke before that spint came out and the puke would get all caught back there in my nose.... I didn't. There is a God.

* this is a pretty gross post

* Honestly, people, I think pain medicine is the only thing keeping me happy. Hello Betty Ford.

* My goal is to be "happy" again by March 27 (the day after the steroid plastic extraction). Will I make it????

4 comments:

NoExcuses said...

I can't imagine how satisfying it must be to get those green chunks out when you blow your nose.

I bet your lungs will be a bit healthier now that your sinuses have been taken care of :)

Good for you! I hope the rest isn't too painful :( :( :(

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon, you seriously crack me up!

Yeah for the sight of green, hard, chunks in your knleenex. :) Keep it coming. You must feel a huge weight lifted off your head now being able to use your nose properly.

I'm really glad you didn't puke either. That would have been a mess beyond messes, and scary.

Be happy ~

cowtown
kelly

Lisa said...

Didn't you just have the surgery? I had to keep my damn splints in for like 3 weeks or something. So maybe that is why mine didn't hurt. But yeah, I am tough too :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is the grossest post in a while. Rock on. If it ain't gross, it ain't CF, right? ("Sticky, thick..." -- thanks CFF.)

Yes, the 27th is a good goal, but try not to become wed to it. You know what I think of weddings.

But the head's better?

PQ