Friday, October 23, 2009

doctor docgtor gimme the news I got a bad case of lovin' you

So I got into the Fort Wayne clinic, but not until December. They could get me in earlier, but their clinic is one Wednesdays, and I am babysitting for an infant Monday, Wed, and Thurs, so that kinda botches things up. I figured if I tell her mom now about December that gives her plenty of time to find someone else that day.

The coordinator told me they only currently follow 12 adults in the clinic. This is both good and bad as far as I am concerned. Good in that there is not an overwhelming amount of people clamoring to be seen, but bad in that they only have clinic once a month and the doc is a hostpital internist (or something like that) and so he is accessible, but not always because he if often on call at the hospital. We discussed that 90% of the time I know what I need and won't require being seen, besides routine visits, but just as well, if I am sick and NEED to be seen, will that happen? It sounds like yes, they make amends for that. I am not going to burn my bridges here in town, so I set my appointment for now as simply a second opinion.

Meanwhile, on the H1N1 front. I saw a new GP. I am really pissed with my clinic right now, though I know inevitabley I will need to see them. I just wanted someone to listen to my chest, check my sats, that kind of thing. The GP thought all sounded clear and my sats were 97, so while I don't know what my PFTS are (I suspect they have fallen considerably, to be honest, things sounded OK. I got a chest xray also. I suggested prednisone and the GP agreed, though she wanted to wait and see what the xray showed (which I'm sure will show what it always does, mild restriction, most damamge to upper lobes)...so I figure if the GP doesn't get the report today I can call the clinic and they will surely rx me the steroids. I feel inflammed, if one can feel such a thing.

But being SOB is a really new thing for me, I mean last night I had to stop at the library between flights of stairs to catch my breath and I sound like a freakin locomotive coming, huffing and puffing, so all is not well. I think IVS are inevitable - something I already knew, was even ready to do...but don't want to.

so c'est la vie cystique.

No comments: