Monday, November 16, 2009

take me to your leader

So. So. Um....

Clinic was last Friday. They did not have my bone density results (of course) and I had a massive fail on getting lab work done before, so not the most productive visit. I did feel very cared about though, something I have complained about with them before. They were quite concerned that I am not back to my old self post miss piggy. My doc ran something by me about viral myopathy which my google-fu fails me in finding good answers to that. I did get my labwork (blood, includng all vitamin levels and cholesterol (have not had that checked in YEARS)) and sputum done friday. had my bone density sent to them again and my last xray results as well, so if anyting is amiss, hopefully we will find it.

I am down to 118. I was 136.9 in March, so this is good, though of course everyone freaks out that I have been losing weight for 6 months. I am TRYING to people, even CFers can get big and can be vain. Anyway, I am Ok with 118, though I would not be sad if another 5 lbs or so slipped off - though I gotta say, I was glad I had some to spare during the big INFLUENZA debacle.

My PFTs were at 71, which is actually down from 74 and is also a week post IVS, which tells ME that something is still off, that or, as I suspected, H1N1 ate part of my lungs when it visited.

Last night when I nebbed and vested I had my first post IV welcome back mucoid PA moment, and today I swear fo' gawd I can feel it. I am tired and achey and just off. boo.

But I thik my 'tude is fixed, mostly. I am not in quite such a hole as I was, so that is good. I just want to "fix" whatever is wrong. I guess that prolly won't happen, not unless little green guys kidnap me and take me to their planet...or wait...I think I just spit a few of those guys out earlier. yum.

1 comment:

Juliet Page said...

Don't worry too much about the numbers... there is inherently a few percentage points variation in PFTs anyways! Glad you're on the mend after H1N1 !! Take care, ~Juliet