Wednesday, November 11, 2009

take these broken wings


My hives are much much better thanks to zantac. Who would have known an acid reflux med is also an antihistamine (it is an H2 blocker, as opposed to benadryl which is an H1 blocker, I have been edjumacated). So combined with the benadryl, I have been OK today. I still look lkinda red and funky but nothing is raised or itching too much today.

More importantly, I am posting about one of my LJ friends, Eva. Eva is 2 years post tx and is now in chronic rejection. I think she is down into the teens for her lung function. Tonight she is going into the hospital because she is having too much trouble breathing. I am praying for her tonight.

i think her Lj journal is public if you're not familair with her. She was also in the documentary "65_redroses" which will be seen on Canadian TV on November 16th.

I've been feeling really defeated by CF lately, physically and emotionally, personally and extrinsically. I just want to fix us all.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Shannon please PLEASE talk to them about getting off of the benadryl and trying steroids as long as they dont htink your infection would rage out of control. General though from my doc is at least 4 days abx needed before steroids. Benadryl is SO drying!! Or see if not taking the benadryl will still take them down.

I have had ALOT hive experience in the past year, mine were reactions to allergy shots unfortunately BUT I tried the benadryl with zantac and singulair and allegra the first time to no avail. It DID negatively impact my lungs for sure and that was only for one day! I ended up on steroids that time and next time just went straight to prednisone.

The prednisone helps my lungs so much so you might get an added side benefit of being opened up and getting some good airway clearance while abx are doing their job.

It's worth a check I guess I'm just worried about everythign getting dried up and not moving out while those abx are tryign to help you.

Nicole

Juliet Page said...

Shannon, Glad to hear things are getting under control. ...thinking of you. :) ~Juliet