Tuesday, September 30, 2008

it's 16 miles to the promised land

swimming day 3

700yds - 28 laps. Felt good. It was easy, almost. I felt like I could have gone even longer. I am doing short sets (more for my own recorcd: 150 warm up, 150 kicking 3x50 on 1:05 (slow, I know) 100 kick 100 im 50 warm down) and I want to work up to a longer warm up and faster sprint sets, but we'll get there.

One of my LLL mom friedns was the lifeguard and she was rying to get me to get a job lifeguarding there. She said if I wokred only 4 hours a week our membership would be free. Interesting. And, she is going to swim with me on Thursday.

So, alrerady my pants feel looser. They're not, I'm sure, but it feels good.

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

well done!
I'm swimming now too. Went for the third time today and am going twice a week. Thursdays and Saturdays.
I did 10 laps (250meters) in 23 minutes. More then enough :-S
I hate that, but it does feel good when it's done.
In a way I do feel proud when I have done it.

Shannon said...

we can be swimming buddies! I know I'll need support when the novelty wears off.