Friday, September 12, 2008

while you're at it why don't you sign me up to sell me out

So get this. Clinic today. I went in actually preparing myself for maybe needing IVs. I've been kinda junky and tired lately. I figured maybe August's orals had done their job and it was time to bring in the big boys.

So you can imagine my surprize when I was satting 99% - last visit I was 96. And you can further imagine my surprize when my PFTS were a steady 2.08L - up from 1.94 ~2.08~ that is like the highest I have had in YEARS. And I did it three times in a row, no fluke here. Go figure.

So I did bring up the idea of Colistin, but doc felt that with PFTs at their highest that my junkiness was probably weather/allergy related and to let it lie for a minute. No argument here, I am not one to add anything into my regime that isn't necessary.

My weight was up another 10 pounds since June. TEN POUNDS PEOPLE. Doc thinks my pfts are related to the weight gain and wants me to keep it on. I still feel like a lard ass (125.9), but I can't look a gift horse in the mouth, and with PFTs up, I gotta go with it. So size 8 I am (still not happy, but I am reaching acceptance). We did change my enzymes though to hopefully help with my bloating and gas - so I am now on 4 creon 20 and 2 pancreacarb m12 with meals versus 6 creon 20. We'll see. If this baby belly goes down maybe I won't be as upset about the actually scale numbers.

I also got an rx for some anxiety issues. I felt kinda wierd asking, as I got a little paranoid he'd see my little green eyed monkey peering over my shoulder, but my issues are legit and so we're in like flynn.

Finally - there was a respirtech rep there peddling the new vest. We had a nice talk in the waiting room. I declined to try on the vest and explained to him that for me, vesting is still a pretty private experience. And no, I know for a fact my insurance is not about to buy a new vest, mine isn't even paid off yet. But later, when I was back in my exam room, I could hear him telling someone else to go to cf.com and how he had info there, etc. and I was all prepared to tell him exactly what I thought about those fools. But, he was chatting up some med students when I was leaving and I felt silly waiting my turn just to bad mouth cfuck.com. I have his card and debated emaling him. I know it won't make a difference, but I feel almost like it is my duty to educate people on why they need to promote themselves elsewhere.

That's it. Oh, and I drank a cup of coffee today and I have been talking to everyone a mile a minute, which means i could easily keep typing away here. but I won't.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hey glad to hear your appt health wise went well. Sorry to hear you were mauled by the Vester. Yikes, they're such whores.
Cfuck.com hahahaha that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the liters. Power to the mutants!

Q

CowTown said...

Awesome numbers Shannon! Yeahaw. :)

Can you imagine once you start swimming at the Y -- you're going to knock those numbers to the moon. That will be exciting. Go go go.