Friday, July 25, 2008

old blog 2

This might be somewhat controversial, but since it is here in my own personal blog, I get to say it. Karenb started a post about the rollercoaster ride that is CF. Sometimes I feel guilty about these posts and don't make a resonse, because for me, the answer is usually no. No, for me CF is not a rollercoaster. Sure I have good and bad a days, but they aren't really CF related. No, I have never had trouble being spontaneous because of CF (excpet for the occasional "I forgot my enzymes" which I usually eat anyway and pay for it later), no I don't have trouble gaining weight, no i don't know what it's like to be in the hospital, no I don't have a port or a feeding tube...but I still have CF. Yes, I have an annoying cough and yes, I take enzymes when i eat...but right now that's where my story ends. I feel like people will think I am bragging or bringing their own health problems to light in someway. I certainly don't want to make people feel bad. And I know I start a lot of posts off talking about the condition of my CF, but that is because I feel that it makes a difference in how I view life and this disease. I know many others are healthy too, but I think I am the least interventive (is that a word) about this disease. I've just been living this way for so long, I cannot imagine making Cf anymore of my life than necessary - though I have become more proactive, mainly in admitting to mostly myself that I do have what is considered a fatal disease and at nearly 30, it may very well start catching up wtih me. But it hasn't yet, and I am proud and happy about that. Knock on wood, I can say these words for a while longer before I have to eat them (with 4 crean 20s).

No comments: