Friday, July 25, 2008

old blog 4

I headed into the hospital with this happy-go-lucky- albeit a bit nervous feeling - for my PICC placement. Here I go on my Cf adventure.

It didn't take long to revert. A new woman I am not. Well, not 100%.

I hate answering Cf questions: why are you here? How long have you had that cough? Have you had CF since birth? I am sorry you have Cf: my kids have autism and epliepsy and something else -blady blady blah.

Anyway, the PICC placement- despite two doses of lidocaine - hurt. and I am not a wimp. I have a huge tattoo on my back and have had a natural child birth - I can take pain. But it hurt - and it still hurts.

And then I turned all red and itchy from the vanc. But I can't have benadryl cuz I am nursing (I am not itchy now however).

and I had to argue with the home care people abou tthe timing of my meds. Sorry: it has to be on my schedule folks.

finally, my husband is being a butthead.

I hope the nurse who comes out tonight isn't a twit, I am not in the mood

No comments: