Monday, August 4, 2008

Just like Heaven

Well. huh. Two posts in one day.

Spoke with the Cf council lady. I am going to send out a letter with my email and see if I can't start an email chain for adults with Cf in our area. She said she tried to do it with the parents and got no response. figures.

She also said that the local United Way told her, "It would be a lot easier for us to give you money if children were dying from your disease." Ni-ice. Upward battle, no?

I did appreciate that she said when she meets new parents she does encourage them not to handicap their children with Cf and to treat them as normally as possible - and I offered to help talk to new parents. I think Cf will get you soon enough, why let your paretns enable it? Probably not what she wants me to say though. :)

Anyway, I am not feeling overly excited about the conversation. She seemed nice enough, but clearly, her office is dedicated mainly to fundraising, and from what I hear, fundraising needs sick children, not 31 year old moms.

And you know what else. Just one last thing and then I am going to take a nap, as i am sure my mood is a bit evident today. When you listen to the White Sox on the radio (670 The Score, thanks Huz) they do these little plugs where Waste Management donates to the CFF, you know, to help find the CURE. Does anyone know of a disease that has been cured? Not eradictaed due to vaccination, but rather cured. As in you have it, now you don't? How misleading is this. It annoys me to no end. The CURE. The Cure is a band....show me show me show me how you do that trick the one that makes me scream she said the one that makes me laugh she said and threw her arms around my head, show me how you do it and I promise that I promose that I'll run away with you....not a reasonable ending for CF. sorry.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

and now you know why Harriet McBryde Johnson picketed against the Jimmy Fund
(really got to read her book Too Late To Die Young)