Monday, August 4, 2008

Riders on the Storm

I called my clinic this morning about the labs I had drawn three weeks ago and of course they haven't seen them. The girl that answered the phone was a real dumbass too. This is why I hate the whole thing. You can't just get your doc on the phone, you have to jump through rings of fire just to leave a fricking message, and honestly, receptionists will have their own level of hell, just you wait and see. In fact, my doc isn't even in that office - it's just a satelite office that he frequents twice a month I guess when his bleeding heart strings make him take on the lungers clinic. That's mean, I gues he is a nice guy - the real problem is that it is a specialty clinic, which sees all kinds of kids (oh yes, and a few lone adults) with sad little illnesses and it is run by a NP who has to do all the work for the whole thing.

I asked if I could just email the NP instead of trying to play phone tag. I know other people in other clinics are on email with their docs, but the girl on the phone acted like I was asking about coming in for assisted sucide. EMAILOMFGNOWENEVERLETPATIENTSEMAILUSTHATWOULDBELIKETHESINOFALLSINS. stoopid bitch. I might need to switch clinics, this is too much for me.

And then, the lady from the CF chapter still hasn't called back. I think she tried once but then never responsded to my second call. Here is the thing, that is the kind of shit I cannot put up with. So I left her a salty little message as well. I know what I want to do. I definitely want to start an adult email chain to find out if other people are as frustrated with the clinic as I am. Before networking online, I never knew how other clincs were run, but now that I have some inkling, I know enough to know that mine is a disorganized germ infested maze of annoyance.

I am not an outright go-getter, I know this. I prefer to sit back and let other people run stuff - I don't care for the headaches; but I have no problem taking over when I learn that, in fact, things are being run by monkeys, and I think this may have to be the case here. That or I switch clinics and start driving 2.5 hours everytime i need to be seen. Which will it be? First, I try to man the ship. If we go down, I bail out and head for dry land.

Looks like we're going to have a killer storm here in a minute. sweet.

No comments: