Saturday, February 14, 2009

corn bread and ice tea's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Clinic yesterday resulted in noe much progress with regards to my aching head problem. I don't think I am too cool about my pain being dismissed.

PFTS were 70, down a tad form last time, but I can't complain.
Sats were 97, so clearly not a problem there

Doc said there was some edema in my nose, something i never heard before, but might explain some of my pain.

All he really told me to do is take more advil.

Yeah, thanks pal, cuz the advil is working like a real charm.

I think MOnday I am going to request a CAT scan - I have not had an x-ray in years so this won't be a bad idea overlall to get a chest/sinus scan.

I am going to try TOBI again though. I mentioned to the doc that I just can't keep using Cipro and levaquin over and over, I can feel it in my joints, so he thought using the zithro and TOBI might be the next logical step. I'll try it.

Meanwhile, I continue to be in a lot of pain and i have a whole new outlook on pian and pain management and how awful it is not to have yor pain taken serioulsy, which I don't think I had.

argh.

this, my friends, has given me the utmost validity in self-medicating.

2 comments:

whatsherface said...

I feel ya. I don't know why our docs seem to think pain is just par for the course with CF. Maybe they think we should be tough or "experienced" or some such bullshit. But from my view, we suffer enough as it is. We shouldn't have to live with pain, too. I hear more and more stories of CF docs dismissing pain though. There's something really wrong and F'd up about that.

CowTown said...

I haven't heard that before...to just deal with the pain?! No way.

And edema in your nose? Isn't that swelling or inflammation? If it is, then a ct sounds like a great idea.

I'm so sorry you're STILL having that headache.