Monday, February 23, 2009

no thank you please it only makes me sneeze and then it makes it hard to find the door


So now 2 weeks later I think I finally have some relief from my headache. It is not gone, but it is better (KNOCK ON WOOD MO' FO') - I honestly think it might have been the azithromycin. I stopped taking it and the headache went away and then I took it again and it was back and then I stopped again. The only reason I think this is because for years I used to complain that Augmentin gave me a headache and everyone blew me off - and then the last time I took it - wah lah, horrid hives all over - so I always figured the headache was like a milder allergic reaction. The headache I have had these past 2 weeks was not the same kind of headache, but I can't completely disregard the corrleation.

I had my CT on Thursday though - have not heard back about it of course, but they did my sinuses and chest (chest just for a baseline as I have not had an xray in like 5 years and never a CT). I had a mild allergic reaction to the contrast dye - I could not stop sneezing. I sneezed like 50 times in a row and freaked out the techs! But i was fine after that.

All of a sudden it seems like my body is just rebelling against these meds, I swear. I could tolerate everything before and now it seems so many things don't sit well with me.

Anyway, it is nice to be feeling a bit better at long last and I hope this headache stays the fuck away.

Any bets on how long it takes my clinic to get back to me on the CT stuff? My bet says I get the report at my house before they call me.

1 comment:

CowTown said...

Hey Mo'fo'. It does sound like an allergic reaction might have been causing your headaches. That's pretty ridiculous it has lasted so long without any help sooner from your docts. At least you sound like you're getting closer to some answers now.

I give your doct 1 week to get back to you about the CT. The results are instant for the techs, but I guess it's a matter how fast they follow up with you. If something is not right, they should call you sooner. Hope it works out for you.